You want a problem-free installation and, to help ensure it, here’s a checklist of things to do before the installer arrives.
1) Decide if you want to tear up and dispose of your old flooring.
2) Move all furniture to a different area of your home. Move all personal items out also.
3) Either have our Pros take out your old floor, or do it yourself and save money.
4) Remove all debris from your floor, including nails, staples, and padding.
5) Sweep and vacuum your subfloor.
6) DO NOT remove tack strips or wall base.
7) If you want to paint your walls, now is the time.
8) Your installer will arrive between 9:30 and 10:30 on installation day.
9) Meet with the installer when he arrives to go over the details of your job.
10) Relax while your carpet in expertly installed.
11) Installer will clean up all debris and vacuum your new floor.
12) Inspect the finished installed product with your installer.
13) Replace furniture and enjoy your new carpet.
To make your carpet look good now and for a long time to come, proper installation is critical. Here’s the procedure an experienced installation professional will follow:
It’s a good idea to check with us directly to find out if there are other actions we recommend before installation. Just call a member of our friendly sales staff.
Browse our library of flooring articles for helpful tips and news on all the products you need.